Tuesday, December 23, 2008

FIRST OIL, FIRST SHOW- "Perfect"

Ok, here it is. My first oil in years. I mean yeeaarrsss! Let me first say it was almost perfect.

I will never forget finding this apple...This October at Applecrest Farms in Hampton Falls, NH. It was just sitting there on a branch all by itself, Meant for me. PERFECT! It even plucked off the branch perfectly, stem and leaves in tact. "Perfect" subject for my first oil. "perfect" name for my painting. 

I honestly have no idea what I was doing. It is a 5x7 that took me about an hour. I guess I put the paint on rather heavy. It took about two weeks to dry! LOL! Seriously, I had it in front of a space heater for about a week.

I also entered this in my first show. The Exeter Arts Committee in NH had their Holiday Art Show on Dec. 4th. I picked the painting up yesterday. Yes, I picked it up, which means it didn't sell. I don't really care, the whole experience was  a blast. I can't wait to do more. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment