Thursday, February 5, 2009

When in Rome, do as...

I've actually named this "How Sweet It Is Too," second in my candy series. If you remember my candy corn at Halloween. 

I painted this because it seems everyone is doing it and I wanted to have some fun too. Only problem is, I really don't like it at all. Down to the photo I shot. Actually...I guess I like the background. That's about it. 

It's a 4x4 pastel of some candy, my son kept eating while I was painting. I finished it in about 30 minutes. I think it shows. I just splashed them on the table and didn't use anything other than the room lighting.

It was a lot of fun. Challenging actually. Writing with large pastels is not easy. Sorry, I don't like the colors, shadows, highlights, writing, composition...I don't even think I like my signature.

I guess I'll bail myself out and call it practice for the next great work of art.LOL. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. love this one! you really got the feel and texture of the candy!!

    ReplyDelete