Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"PARKER RIVER" 6X8 OIL



This painting should be called the "perfect evening" because that's what it was. I will never forget it.

Unfortunately I don't think I can call it that because it doesn't look like evening. I definitely didn't do the time of day justice. It was kind of a disaster evening...late start, lost screw to my easel, bugs...oh my the bugs...I think I still have bites...but it was worth it. Birds were flying just as close as the bugs were, Herrons about 15 feet away...Full moon and one of the most amazing sunsets I can remember....

As my plein air adventures continue, this one I'm not so proud of. The end result is ok, but far from my favorite. I like the clouds! LOL (for once)

I literally had a terrible picture to go by. the sun fell so fast that evening and you must leave the reservation by a certain time or they lock you in! I got a horrible solar flare from the bright sun so my picture came out terrible, I literally painted this from imagination and it really doesn't look anything like what I saw.

I'm considering it practice. I spent more time on this than my last plein air painting (see previous post) and quite frankly it was more time than I wanted to spend. Probably the wrong attitude to have, but I wanted to spend my time on other paintings.

I guess that's all I really have to say about it too! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment