Thursday, November 15, 2012

"Warm Winter Sun III" - Pastel 6x8


Here's a small pastel I painted last week for the Open Studio Tour. I love the depth in this painting...I really played with the colors, pushing the purples in the snow and adding some bright red splashes of color in the water. This will be going into the Holiday Show at the Newburyport Art Association next week. Stay tuned for more details.

Two quick things I want to mention...First, this painting is also from the Clyde Goldthwaite Trail in Danville, NH. One of my favorite places to paint. I have two more from this series I hope to finish soon. Second, this is my 100th post. Not that I receive an award for that, but it's kind of neat.

Thanks and see you soon! 

-Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Nice colors in this snow scene, as always! Congratulations on your sales at the open studio! 100 posts? - Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin, thank you! I love doing snow scenes...can't wait for the snow so I can get new material for the season.

    Congratulations on your sales too!

    Yes, I was putting the post together and it stated I've posted 99 times...feels like a lot more than that!

    ReplyDelete