Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nantucket Patio

This is my favorite painting so far. It's also my largest and required the most time. It still needs a bit of work, but it's almost there. I'm working on softening up the background a bit.

This is a picture a friend shot from the bed and breakfast they stayed at in Nantucket last summer. I saw the picture and immediately had to paint it. It's 18x24 in pastel. I've probably put in about 30 hours so far. It has needed to be fixed twice, which set me back, but I'm very pleased with the end result. Should I say "almost" end result. I love the way the colors pop off the page. There is something about Nantucket and Cape Cod. They have a very special feeling. A feeling I really tried to capture in this painting. I really don't think the picture does it much justice. It doesn't really pick up the texture in the bushes or the vibrant colors. I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment