Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Marsh at Sandy Point

NEW


OLD




I posted this painting a while ago, signed and complete...at least I thought it was. Probably a cardinal sin in the painting world, but I couldn't help it...Everytime I walked by it, it drove me crazy. The foreground of the marsh was too light to be backlit by a setting sun. When I completed this painting I knew the foreground was too light, but I liked the way I captured the floral brush so basically I left it. So I decided to wipe out my name, redo the whole foreground and I like the results. I think I found a good middle ground I'm pleased with. Not too dark, not too light, still showcasing some of the gorgeous flowers blooming on that day.

More importantly I tackled a fear of mine...sometimes I really struggle with doing something twice, regardless of what the previous result is. I have a fear of not doing it as well, or making it worse. This was a big step for me and I'm happy with the results.

Oh, and yes, it's still not signed ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment