Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Replacement...



Oops I did it again...All week I've been looking forward to Friday class so I could work on my oil painting...I almost walked out of the house without my painting and sketchbook, Then I get to class only to realize after I set up, put paint on my palette that I have forgotten my picture. As always I tend to look for the easy way out. I was going to gesso some boards or read a book, but Robin talked me into doing a "quick" pastel. She gave me a small 8x6 board and a picture of a beach, so the "bang it out" process began. (Remind me to post some day regarding my arrogant "bang it out" comment) Thanks for not letting me do something else and believing I could paint a quality piece in such a short time.


I guess I spent about an hour working on this painting and I am very pleased with it. I love beaches, and I love painting them. Some day I may even do a series...who knows. One of the things Robin had us do in class was to talk about the one thing we love about the painting we worked on. I of course, came up with a couple...but I thought that was a great idea. The two things I love about this 1. I love the beach part of the painting...the sand, the water, the tree line...I love them. My favorite part of the painting. I'm even pleased with the clouds. I feel more confident each time I paint clouds. Clouds continue to be ONE of my nemesis'. 2. I'm very proud I was able to produce a painting in a short time, that I'm happy with.

More importantly I received the seal of approval and that is a great feeling.

Oh, as always it's untitled...I guess I'll call it the replacement until I can come up with something better...



2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jeff! Wow, one hour..and love the name of the painting!! Erika:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erika! It may be the first title that has nothing to do with the subject matter LOL!

    ReplyDelete