Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Footprints" 9x12 Pastel



Here is a neat little pastel I did last week. It's late in the day at Plum Island...I needed another piece for the show at the Muse and I painted it because the picture was right in front of my face and I love the calm feeling I get from it.

The breakthrough here is even with all the clouds...I just did it! No fear, no intimidation...clouds and all. I don't think they are perfect, but I'm very, very happy with them. I love this painting...I love the sun coming from behind the clouds and lighting up the water. I love the trail of (my son's) footprints in the sand. I shot a lot of beautiful photos that evening.

The best thing about this painting is, that it was completed in about 4 hours. I started it last Tuesday and Finished in Wednesday, had it framed and hung Thursday. Ready for the show on Friday.

I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment