Sunday, September 30, 2012

What a Day - THANK YOU!


"Humbling River"
9x12 Pastel
Parker River Wildlife Refuge - Newburyport, MA

I would like to thank everyone who stopped by to say hello at the Newburyport Art Association Artist Reception last night. Sadly I did not have time to stay for the entire evening, but did manage to make it for a short time...the most important part...Robin, received her award for Best In Show! Congratulations -so proud of you! 

Immediately after the award ceremony it was off to the Mission Oak Grill for the Wet Paint Auction. This was a loooonng day, but worth every minute. I was happy to have my painting sell at the auction and be able to help out the Newburyport Friends For Peace. Robin also finished a beautiful painting which also sold at the auction - congrats on that one too!

It was a very cold, windy and rainy but I managed to finish the painting above. The title is very appropriate...the conditions were extremely challenging. Much more than I anticipated. I'm happy with the end result. An extra special thank you to the person who purchased my painting. I'm happy it has found a nice home. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. You faced a lot of challenges that day, Jeff; you succeeded! Congratulations to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robin, and yes it was challenging...I thought the windy day at the boat landing in Chatham was difficult...It was a great day with and wonderful end result at the auction...Your painting is beautiful and congratulations on your auction sale also!

    ReplyDelete