Friday, December 30, 2011

The Importance of Art and Marketing...

Recently I sold a painting and I'd like to share the story with you that is proof marketing works. Especially in the world of fine art.

For the 15th Annual Open studio tour, Robin allowed me to show my work during the weekend. I created an ecard advertising myself and the other students' work for the weekend. I sent the card to someone I work with who attended the show. She loved the work, had a great time and raved about the evening. She commented about my work to another person I work with who requested to see my blog ( I'm almost done designing my own web site) . I gave her the address and she purchased a recent painting I completed and posted on my blog.

Here we have the distribution of the ecard, word of mouth and the updated web site. Without marketing I would NEVER have sold the painting. Taking the extra time to create and distribute the card, forwarding my blog address and even the importance of updating it with recent paintings. Again, I created the card and the blog is free...these things are VERY important for a starving artist!!!

I owe it all to Robin. I've sold two paintings in my short career, both thanks her for allowing me to show at the Open Studio Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment