Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Winter Glow" 4x4 Pastel



Here's a quick little pastel I did. I figure if I keep painting snow scenes, eventually flakes will fall.

This is another painting of the Goldthwaite trial. I have enough material to create 50 paintings from the same location. I actually painted this because I have a really nice frame I wanted to put it in. I have recently started organizing my studio to make it a more conducive painting environment. I've added lighting and organized my material so I can reach my materials a bit easier. This was sort of a test, I guess.

As for the painting, this was challenging. I always find it hard to work on such a small board. I love the warm glow on the snow and the depth and variety of the trees. I'm really falling in love with painting trees. I love being able to show the form and texture of the bark....add a little touch of snow and it adds to their beauty. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment