Monday, January 2, 2012

Chatham, Cap Cod part 1

As I stated in an earlier post, I was going to post some pictures from my weekend in Chatham, Ma during Robin's amazing plein air workshop back in October.

I can't begin to tell you what this weekend meant to me personally for a lot of different reasons. A lot of them I won't get into, but It was my first time back to cape cod since I was a child. It was very emotional and brought back a lot of memories.

I have over one thousand photos, so for obvious reasons I can not get into everything, but I just want to share a few pictures I shot during the trip. I have some paintings I photographed that I will post in a bit.

We arrived on Friday, but on Saturday morning we woke up around 5:30am and went out to observe the sunrise before we embarked on our first painting location for the weekend.


The unforgettable orange glow from the sunrise is something that will live with me for the rest of my life. I will never forget this morning.


The sunrise itself was not the most spectacular, however as I said the glow was something to behold....


Amazing clouds...


just look at the color in the sand...

Stay tuned...I'll post some more pics tomorrow highlighting our first painting location and my work...hopefully you'll approve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment