Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"SECLUDED" 6X8 PASTEL



Here's another snow scene I've been working on. It's another view of the creek at the Goldthwaite trail...a place I love. It doesn't belong there. It's so quiet, peaceful...secluded.

I really experimented with colors. I exaggerated them quite a bit and unlike "Darkness Falls" boosting these colors worked. Maybe because purple is my favorite color, but I get such a great feeling looking at this painting. I love the trees. The touch of wind blown snow on the bark, the color in the water...The depth of the trees is probably my favorite. It gives you a dimensional feel you don't often get from a painting....I love it! Hope you do too!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your recent achievements - being juried into both the Melrose show and the NAA Winter Juried Show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, thank you very much. It's very exciting! I'm really looking forward to both events!!!

    ReplyDelete