Monday, December 12, 2011

"Ol' Red" 6x8 Oil

Fish Pier Chatham, MA on Cape Cod



This is the first and only completed painting I have at this time from Robin's AMAZING Cape Cod workshop back in October! It was an incredible experience which I'll get to in a bit...

It's a 6x8 oil that was painted on the Fish Pier in Chatham. The wind was unbelievable! My brushes were caked in sand, my canvas has sand mixed in the paint (jokingly I call it mixed media!), my easel blew over a few times...by far the most difficult session of the trip. If you could paint that afternoon, you could paint in any condition! Plein air is incredibly challenging without these obstacles. Personally, I'm not crazy about it...I think the values are off (again) but there's something about it...I like the little red boat...I like the grass...AND I LOVE THE TEXTURE!!! LOL

I have about five other paintings I worked on during the trip. I will finish them up shortly and get them posted. I'll post some images from the trip and get into my thoughts about my incredible trip to Cape Cod!

No comments:

Post a Comment