Sunday, July 1, 2012

"Daytime Drift" 8x10 Pastel


Wow, it's been a while! I've been working on quite a few paintings in pastel and oil. This is the first of the bunch I've completed recently. 

I'm very happy with the clouds. When I first completed them, they looked awful. I literally spent three hours trying to get the clouds correct. I finally wiped the whole top half of the painting out and spent about an eighth of the time correcting them and this is the final result. I love them!

I love the perspective of the land mass and the contrast of the boat on the water. 
This was a fun subject to paint. 

This is going to be a busy month. I have a few more paintings to post and a couple of shows coming up. I'll be back soon, I hope you will too! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment