Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"POWWOW RIVER WALK AMESBURY, MA" 9X12 PASTEL


Here's a nice pastel I did painting outdoors in Amesbury one afternoon. Plein Air is a very challenging painting process for me. I have a difficult time painting water in a picture that is not moving...water in real life rapids...completely different story! When I set up to paint this picture I actually wasn't going to put in the tree, I thought it may be a distraction, but I ended up painting it and I love it. I feel it makes the whole painting. The fall gives a nice lead in, following the tree up the river to the bridge! I love it. I've very happy with the results, I hope you are too! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. The water coming over the falls is my favorite part of this painting. Congrats on the sale of this piece - I am sure the collector will enjoy it for many years to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robin, thanks! I'm glad that's your favorite, because that was the hardest part! Moving water is very challenging!!! Yes, the sale is nice, but knowing someone really enjoys it, is what really feels great!

    ReplyDelete