Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Worth The Wait" 6x8 Oil


Here she is!!! "Just bang it out..." Ok Robin, I was wrong! I learned A LOT about myself on this painting. When I started this I thought I knew what I was doing...I thought I was a good painter...I was nothing but over confident in my own ability and I struggled mightily on this painting. I planned on completing it in Robin's class that evening. One year later...I learned my lesson. That's why I named it "worth the wait" because she was. I think she's beautiful, and I'm very happy with it. I was not ready to do something like this a year ago and I don't think if I completed it back then It would have looked as nice. By nice, I mean I have a better understanding of color, value and shape, then I did a year ago. Robin has done an amazing job putting up with my stubborn attitude and has shown so much patience teaching me when I say something stupid like I did that evening. You see her teaching in this painting and that's why I'm so proud of it. I couldn't have done this one without her. This painting came with a lesson and I learned it loud and clear. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment